cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan with my MG81208B printer

doowopper
Apprentice

I am using a Canon MG81208B printer with a Windows 7 PC. I have had no problem scanning documents with the printer since I bought it about 6 months ago. Today I started having a problem scanning documents. The problem: When I push the scan button a message box appears on my PC screen "Adjusting the lamp." The scan does not complete and I get the following message on the printer screen. "Cannot scan film. Check that FAU (Film Adapter Unit) protective sheet is removed." I pulled the plug on the printer and started it agian. Same problem.I have never gotten these messages before and the scan of documents was working perfectly. What could be causing this problem and how do I correct it? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi doowopper,

What application are you using to scan?  Please make sure that the application is not set to scan "Film" and that it is set to "Photo".  Changing this setting will allow you to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements