cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t move Pixma Mx922 printer carriage

jbarbi3940
Apprentice

Hello Canon community,

I have had a Pixma MX922 for years and it’s been great. I recently received error message B200. I removed the print head and cleaned it thoroughly. I had trouble reinstalling the print head. I mistakenly thought I reinstalled it properly and turned on the printer BEFORE I reinstalled the ink cartridges.  I then received error message 5100, and continue to receive that message when I turn on and off the printer. The printer carriage is now stuck in place on the right side and does not move when I turn ithe printer on and off.  I cannot remove and reinstall the printerhead until I am able to move the carriage into the center.  I do not want to forcibly move the carriage and damage the mechanism.  So, are there any methods (e.g., release levers) for freeing the carriage so I can remove the printerhead?

Many thanks in advance for helping me solve this frustrating problem.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Manully move the ink cartridge carriage PIXMA MX92... - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, but I had already seen that discussion. The conclusion, at the end of the thread, was to buy a new computer. I’m hoping to avoid that, and was hoping for some new ideas since the last thread. 

By the way I paid $89 for this MX922 on Amazon in 2016. The price today for an MX922 is $395.  Ouch!

There are multiple threads about print head not moving and they all seem to lead to replacement.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I actually fixed it; too boring and too one-of a-kind to explain how I did.  Thanks for trying to help

Announcements