cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get fax to work - always shows busy

WendyDemps
Apprentice

I have a new Canon TR8620.  I can not get a fax to go through.  It seems as if it is not making the correct tone for the other fax to recognize as a fax.  One number I tried to dial is shared line.  I could hear the message but the fax didn't know to pick up.  Every other dedicated line I have tried I still get the same line busy error.  Any suggestions or should I return my new printer?  Thanks!  Wendy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is the line you are connecting to digial or analog?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I believe it is analog.  I use a cable provider and it goes through the modem.  My phone service is a $5 a month add on to internet and cable so I assume it is still analog.  

I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

Thank you.  I did and they were able to help me out.  I can now at least send a fax out

Greetings,

"Cable provider, goes through the modem" means its not analog.

An analog line comes onto your property and into your house on copper wire.  Would you mind sharing the provided solution which may help others.

I suspect Setting the Telephone line Type was the answer:

Page 365

TR8600 series Online Manual (c-wss.com)

type.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for explaining the analog/digital thing to me. I still can not get a fax in but am now able to fax out.  The only setting I know they changed was putting in my phone number into the settings but I thought that was so I could get faxes in.  However, after we went through that step, my fax went out correctly.  I will likely call again about getting an incoming fax but honestly, I don't really use that feature very often anyway so no rush.  

Announcements