cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect new windows 10 computer to MX860 printer

ssaslow
Apprentice

I bought a new HP windows 10 printer that doesn't have a DVD drive so I can't load the software for my MX860 printer.

I can't connect it to my printer which is connected to my network by ethernet connection to the router. I am not using the wireless setup.

How can I connect it? I even tried to connect it using the IP address and it still doesn't print to it...

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx...

It it looks like there isn't a W10 driver. You could try downloading and installing the W8.1 driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks... I was able to get the software on my new computer through a flash drive and went through custom setup and now I am able to print fine.

PatrynXX
Contributor

By default and I knew it before checking 32 bit drivers won't run on a 64 bit OS.  So skip those  (unless you are running a Virtual Box setup)  Which is how I was able to run the old O-------------- thermal printer before they stopped making kits for it.  Then I got the Canon thermal printers..  

Announcements