cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change scan settings for new printer TR8620a

MathProfessor
Contributor

The manual says to change settings, one must go to Dialog Box and even shows pictures.  But none of the options mentioned ever show up.  It is just Scan, Copy, Fax & Print, and when hitting "Scan," the only appropriate option is "save to PC.'  In hitting that  it shows "Doc type auto scan."  and then a blank field underneath.

I can also click on "placing originals" which does not help, Black or Color, and Local USB.  There is also a home icon and back icon.  Nothing ever pops up anything like the options shown in the manual. I do not have a smart phone, so cannot control anything that way, and when I bought the printer they said the smart phone is  a convience, but not necessary.  

HOW DO I SELECT (preferably each time I scan) WHAT FOLDER TO WHICH I WANT TO SCAN AND THE NAME OF THE SCANNED DOCUMENT?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

No need to SHOUT. It violates forum rules.

Did you actually try to scan?

When you scan the document is placed in the "Documents" folder and the file opens in your PDF reader. If the scan is OK you can keep it there or move to a folder of your choice.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

It does not open in my PDF reader.  Itis saved in Documents folder as  img yyyymmdd_NN where NN is the number of how many documents were scanned.  Sure I can read that with my PDF reader, but then I have to save that where I want it and delete it from Documents.  In my old Canon Pixma which this new TR8620 is replacing, after scanning, a window would open up where I can type in  (or browse to find) what folder in which to place the scanned documents and type the name I want.  The manual advertises that I can set it up by changing scan settings.  But I can't do that.  If the manual says it can be done, please tell me how to do it!  No option that the manual says will pop up does show.   And your way requires multiple steps.  It will be saved somewhere I do not want and I then have to copy and rename it to put it somewhere else.  I want this all to pop up automatically by using scan settings as advertised by the manual.  How can I do that? 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements