cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get rid of FAX

mikebove
Apprentice

I will never use the FAX component in my MX922 printer. Can I get rid of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

The fax, scan and printer components come together.  The fax component takes little to no space on your hard drive.  You can delete the icon from Devices and Printers if you do not wish to see it.  However, removing the "MP Driver" from your program listing will remove the printer driver, scanner driver and fax driver.

If you need additional clarification, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you do not plan on using the machine for faxing, make sure that you do not connect any phone cords to jacks on the back of the unit. 

If you are referring to the "Fax" version of the printer on your Windows computer, this can be deleted.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I want to remove Fax to save space, not just remove icons or shortcuts. And, I am concerned that it might affect other actions of the printer. Will removing it from 'Devices and Printers' only unpair it with the computer, or delete it as a program? There is no listing in Control Panel >programs.

The  voluminous manual includes nothing about this. I am sorry I bought this printer with all of the bells and whistles that I don't need (Creative Park, etc). I want simply to print, copy, and scan. That's all. There should be a way to do that.

Hello.

The fax, scan and printer components come together.  The fax component takes little to no space on your hard drive.  You can delete the icon from Devices and Printers if you do not wish to see it.  However, removing the "MP Driver" from your program listing will remove the printer driver, scanner driver and fax driver.

If you need additional clarification, find more help at Contact Us.

Thanks, Michael. Finally a direct answer.

Announcements