cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON MX892. "6C10" error. Tried powering on and off 100 times but problem still persists. WHAT??

vng
Apprentice

I am seeing the "6C10" error. I tried googling but there were only answers for OTHER printers. 

I tried powering off and starting the printer with the lid opened.

I tried reaching into the inside of the printer and cleaning some "white plastic" which according to some forums is is supposed to be overflowing (couldn't find anything).

WHAT IS THIS ERROR? 

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello vng.

This error may occur if one of the ink tanks was not seated properly or when there is a loose object stuck inside the printer. 

Please try the following:

1.  With the cover of the printer open, unplug the power from the back of the printer or the wall.

2.  Look for any loose objects or packing material in the printer, clear if necessary.

3.  Try gently moving the ink tank holder as close to you as possible.  Try pushing the closest ink tank down.  Once clicked into place, try moving the ink tank holder closer, repeat as needed.  If you meet resistance, do not attempt to move the ink tank holder any further.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Good Afternoon!

I had this error pop up about 3 weeks ago and never had time to attempt to fix it until now.  I've done the research and read all the forums and even the tips here.  I still get the 6C10 error, however when I attempt to do a "Deep Clean" of the printer head, the error pops up.  Please advise?

trl101184

Hi trl101184,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements