cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New MG5750 not printing text

Funkmiester
Apprentice

Brand New MG 5750 not printing text

Note this is not a clogged printhead as you can change the colour of the text and it still does not print and, of course the printer was brand new yesterday.

Prints photos fine.

prints anything on the page that is not text fine.

Tried printing from word/ adobe and Notepad. Notepad just stops in the print queue

downloaded the latest drivers from Canon, still not working.

Windows 10 Pro insider Preview Build 15007 64 Bit

I am connected using a USB cable

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Funkmeister,

A test of your PIXMA MG5750 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5750 and follow these steps:

1.  Select SETUP from the HOME screen of your PIXMA MG5750.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and press <OK>.

4.  Select Yes and press <OK>.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this email.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Select SETUP from the HOME screen of your PIXMA MG5750.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Select Cleaning and press <OK>.

4.  Select Yes and press <OK>.

5.  Select Yes and press <OK>.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?  If not, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

MG5720 Nozzle Test .jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nope, it prints the test page fine, it prints pictures fine but refuses to print text. I ask it to print a page of text and it prints nothing. I screencapture the same text as a j-peg and it prints it perfectly. It's a software/Driver issue not a mechnaical fault wioth the printer. I have even change the colour of the text to blue/red and it still does not work. Any other suggestions. I'm on windows 10 Pro Insider Build 15014

Hi Funkmiester,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, my 5750 has done very little work and now, out of the blue, will not print any colour. I did all the tests and maintenance including a manual clean of the printhead, downloaded a new driver. Nothing. Do printheads have a built in shelf-life after which they stop workin because I can find no other reason for this annoying failure?

Hello!

If you've performed all of the above troubleshooting, and you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to support for one-on-one troubleshooting via your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements