cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS9520 Will non-Canon ink disable any features?

Jim013
Contributor

Can you tell me what functions are disabled if I would buy non-Canon ink?  I want to evaluate whether I need to return it if it won't do stuff I want.  I don't have a list, I want to know what will be disabled and I'll decide then.  I use it on Windows 10.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Jim013,

Not top secret by any means.  Canon does not disable any features when you choose to use non-Canon Brand OEM Inks or toners.  I was traveling last week, so I didn't see your post.  This is a user to user forum.  If you want official support from Canon or have pre-purchase questions, its best to contact them directly.    

Here's what can happen if you don't use OEM inks.  You may not get the best printing results, color accuracy and consistency.  You may or may not get a warranty if something fails or doesn't work.  Some vendors use inferior components and inks.  Biggest issues I've seen besides poor quality prints is cartridge detection failures or them not showing correct levels of ink remaining.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jim013
Contributor

ok.  I see.  Maybe that's top secret.  I'll install the ink I intend to use and see if anything doesn't work that I need and I'll report back.  Thanks for not helping.  I'll help others.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Jim013,

Not top secret by any means.  Canon does not disable any features when you choose to use non-Canon Brand OEM Inks or toners.  I was traveling last week, so I didn't see your post.  This is a user to user forum.  If you want official support from Canon or have pre-purchase questions, its best to contact them directly.    

Here's what can happen if you don't use OEM inks.  You may not get the best printing results, color accuracy and consistency.  You may or may not get a warranty if something fails or doesn't work.  Some vendors use inferior components and inks.  Biggest issues I've seen besides poor quality prints is cartridge detection failures or them not showing correct levels of ink remaining.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ok.  Thanks.  Sorry for the attitude.  I apologize.  

Announcements