cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADF won't feed paper

damnyankee47
Apprentice

Have an older Pixma MX320 which has suddenly decided to not feed paper.  There isn't any paper jam (I've checked).  On top of this problem, it won't let me scan individual sheets even using the platen (glass).  Fortunately, I can still copy (both b&w and color) but only one at a time.  No error codes show up either.  It's driving me crazy.  Any ideas out there?  Please!

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

We can try to clean the ADF rollers to see if this will resolve the ADF feeding issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Please turn off the printer, then open the left-side cover of the ADF. Inside of the cover, you should see several rubber rollers.

2. With a moistened cotton swab (you can moisten the swab with water or glass cleaner), please clean each of the rollers, being sure to rotate the rollers with the swab instead of directly touching it.

3. Once the rollers have been cleaned, please close the ADF cover.

Please attempt to photocopy and scan using the ADF again.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.  Did as instructed and cleaned roller with damp cotton swabs; then tried feeding papers through ADF again to scan/copy...Nothing happened again.  Next step:  preparing to call Canon tech support.  Appreciate the help anyway.

Announcements