Please follow these steps:
1. Please confirm other devices plugged into the electrical outlet power on. At this time, please do not disconnect the printer at the electrical outlet. If there is an empty electrical slot, plug in a lamp to make sure the outlet is working.
2. Disconnect the power cord completely at the back of the printer.
3. Please push the power cord back into the receptacle ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.
4. Pull the cord and see if it easily slips out from the connector or if it seems secure.
5. If the machine does not power on automatically, press the ON/OFF button.
6. If the machine does not power on after the power cord was pushed in all the way at the back of the printer and the ON/OFF button was pressed, please unplug the power cord from the machine and leave it unplugged for no less than 20 minutes.
7. Please then reconnect the power cord, ensuring that the cord is pushed in as far as it will go.
8. Press the ON/OFF button.
If following those procedures does not resolve the 6900 error, your PIXMA MG7720 would require service.
If your PIXMA MG7720 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:
If your PIXMA MG7720 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.