cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6800 Message - hard reboot doesn't work - help please! 7520 MG

gmu
Apprentice

Hello!

so while getting very annoyed with my printer (it hasn't been printing over the wifi for a week) I pulled the plug out of electrical socket.  Since then - getting an error message, in Japenese, with the number 6800.  I've tried disconnecting the printer for 10 minutes and turning back on but still get same error message.

The printer is a MG 7520 for home use.

Help please!!!  TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi gmu,

Since resetting the printer has not resolved the 6800 error, the printer will require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi gmu,

Since resetting the printer has not resolved the 6800 error, the printer will require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same problem, had a outage of power for a secoond then returned to the printer having asian writing on the sscreen and an error of 6800 with a orange blinking light..I have tried everything. Canon any solution? or is it fried?

nolanature
Apprentice

Hi there!

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. I understand Canon wants me to pay a ton of money to ship it to them and service it, but I find that rather outrageous given the history of this company's error messages popping up conveniently out of warranty. In fact, they were involved in a class-action lawsuit for just such issues: https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/170371-canon-inkjet-printer-class...

I find that incredibly suspicious and when doing some more digging on the internet find that this is an extremely common occurrence with these printers. I don't know about you, but I would like to spend my money on something that I know will not sketchily "break" on me once it's no longer in warranty. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but several companies have been caught doing just this, including Canon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements