cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5B00 on Pixma MX882 - Need to reset counter

Canonmx882user
Apprentice

I have had this printer for years and LOVE it. It has been the best printer we have EVER had. We print labels, photos, handouts, and reports. These prints are the best color and don't bleed. However ... we now have the 5B00 ink absorber error. I have tried several "fixes" found online and none has reset the counter. I am able to print and do some things from printer itself during some of the tries, so I know it still works. I have cleaned the pad and realize that I will have to clean it occasionally since they are not new. Looks like the ONLY thing I need to do is reset the counter. Of course, it looks like a Canon service center has the software to do that... I need to fix this printer, I literally just bought a new set of ink cartidges and have changed one cartridge. So I can't return it! I can't believe there in not a fix ... otherwise I've lost a full set of ink that i cannot use ($60).

Seems silly to have a printer that works so well stop working because of a simple counter reset and the end user cannot do it. I really don't want to have to buy a new printer ... most don't have the features I have become used to from my Canon and expect on a multifunction printer - like print resolution of 9600x2400, high number of nozzles, print dot size as small as 1 or 2p, auto document feeder, gutter shadow fix on copies, etc.

Please help me save my printer from becoming a complete loss.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no documented procedure since cleaning or replacing the ink absorber pad is not a user serviceable or replaceable part..

Therefore, I suggest you use google.  I found 3 different sites with instructions for reset.  I cannot confirm if they work, but it won't hurt to try.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Canonmx882user,

Because you are experiencing a 5B00 error, your PIXMA MX882 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements