cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 orange blinks on i9900 printer shows printhead problem. BUT printer doesn't shows anymore on compu

MariaXi
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

MariaXi
Apprentice

Is there related link between the 2 problems?

MariaXi
Apprentice

5 orange blinks + 1 green on i9900 printer shows printhead problem. BUT printer doesn't shows anymore on my computer working on Windows 10. Is there related link between the 2 problems? I’ve tried unsuccess. many solutions. ALSO: how to reset the printer?

Hi MariaXi,

The error that you are experiencing with your i9900 is that the print head is not installed correctly or is  a defective print head.

Please reseat the printhead of your i9900 using the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART161280

If the error persists, your i9900 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MariaXi
Apprentice

The solution as you presented didn't work at all. So I go for the Upgrade Program offered. Thanks anyway.

Announcements