Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

C100 - No Image only Horizontal colored lines and black.

[ Edited ]

Flipped on my C100 today to test some monitors and there was no image in the viewfinder.  Has anyone seen this?  I am about to do a full camera reset and maybe a firmware update, but I'm not sure if it's going to help.  The camera has beens stored in a Pelican Case in the two weeks since I used it.  Any help would be appreciated.

C100_Lines.png

Highlighted
VIP

Re: C100 - No Image only Horizontal colored lines and black.

Looks like a call to Canon Support is needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Flashed the firmware to the latest version, no luck.  Now I need to try to find out if it's worth getting a C100 repaired or not at this point. 

I wish I knew what could have happened.  Do the sensors just randomly stop working?  The menus are all fine.  The audio input works.  Just no image from the camera other than what I posted (that's when in 24p mode).  No video from HDMI either.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spassvogel wrote:

Flashed the firmware to the latest version, no luck.  Now I need to try to find out if it's worth getting a C100 repaired or not at this point. 

I wish I knew what could have happened.  Do the sensors just randomly stop working?  The menus are all fine.  The audio input works.  Just no image from the camera other than what I posted (that's when in 24p mode).  No video from HDMI either.

You're asking a question that most of us in the "EOS" topic area aren't qualified to answer. You might have better luck in the "Cinema EOS" topic area.

We seem to see a fair number of cases where a DSLR used heavily for video will experience a board or component failure, presumably as a result of overheating. I guess that shouldn't happen to a true video camera, but you never know.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well, I didn't know there was a separate forum for the video cameras. My bad.