cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital photo professional 4

kevin2
Contributor

i cant edit raw images from my newly acquired 6 d mark2 using digital photo professional 4 but i could using my 750d. i can edit jpegs. Anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

managed to work it out. downloaded the latest version, which is slightly weird because i only installed it a few months ago. so happy days|

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority
Canon Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20?

managed to work it out. downloaded the latest version, which is slightly weird because i only installed it a few months ago. so happy days|

bradleyusa
Apprentice

I have found when i first open DPP4 and select an image to edit the correct image is not selected. The second time works fine.

Bradley,

That has been going on with DPP for years.  It is an annoying little quirk.  Another one is to make sure that if you select all (or a group of photos) and then paste a recipe to the selected images then you need to wait until the paste has finished (at most a couple of seconds even for several hundred images) before selecting the edit image button to put the selected images into the edit queue.  Otherwise it will just put one into the queue.

But to me the most annoying DPP "feature" is the placement of the collapse toolbox arrow at the right scroll bar.  If you miss by just a little when trying to scroll, then you collapse the toolbox and have to click the arrow to bring it back again.  I don't think I have ever felt the need to collapse that toolbox but almost every time that I edit a large folder of images I will hit that stupid button at least once.  If the software group Canon hired to produce DPP would just add some simple options to better customize the user interface, they would have a MUCH better product.  It does the basics very well but the implementation is poor in many areas.

DPP has some very nice features and overall works well but parts of the user interface still look like it resulted from an elementary school AP class project.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements