cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not introduce velometer functionality to EOS Remote app?

gorre
Apprentice

I was thinking if there would be any technical reason preventing EOS Remote to have velometer functionality.
That would be marvelous addition to excellent application. I have never tried to make actual time lapse, and purchasing actual velometer will probably prevent me doing that. 

Still, just for initial try it would be great to have option to control it via the Wifi with external application. Is there perhaps any third party apps doing this?

Cheers:

/Roger

8 REPLIES 8

gorre
Apprentice

Found something called "DSLR Controller -beta"
Purchased that and will give it a try this night, when there should be a thunder storm.

DSLR Controller is a great app.  Hope you like it.

Not only do I not understand why the didn't put it in the app, I don't understand why the don't put it in the camera itself.  It's relatively simplistic programming.  Every EOS camera should have one.

How abour EOS Utility that comes free with the camera?

Self-timer/intervalometer [Stopwatch icon]
Clicking this button allows access to the following settings:
 Self-timer delay setting. Start shooting from 00:00
– 99:59 (minutes:seconds) after the timer begins.
 Time interval between shots. Available settings
range from 00:05 – 99:59. The minimum number
of shots is two.
 Long (bulb) exposure. Available settings range
from 00:05 – 99:59.
Click [Start] to begin the timing function(s).

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"How abour EOS Utility that comes free with the camera?"

Ok, this would have been something I was looking for. Didn't realise that cameras own OS has settings to take series of pictures in certain intervals. Will give it a try, since it's always nicer to shoot without extra accessories like mobile phone etc. 

Cheers

@gorre wrote:

"How abour EOS Utility that comes free with the camera?"

Ok, this would have been something I was looking for. Didn't realise that cameras own OS has settings to take series of pictures in certain intervals. Will give it a try, since it's always nicer to shoot without extra accessories like mobile phone etc. 

Cheers

Note that EOS Utility isn't on the camera.  It's a program that you install on your laptop, which means you have to be tethered. It sounds like you have a camera with WiFi, so you can tether wirelessly. 

I tried doing it a year ago or so when I got my 6D and the performance was just terrible.  I really didn't troubleshoot it much, so perhaps my settings were messed up.  Instead I got DSLR Controller and never looked back.

I do use EOS Utility when in the studio, on a tripod, and tethered to my laptop.  The intervalometer works fine.  But the functionality of EOS Utility is still lacking compared to third party options out there, IMHO.  Unfortunately, while tethered, EOS utility is much quicker than the other options for some reason.  Hence I'll continue to use it until Lightroom speeds up or I move to Capture One.

As Canon makes more camera with built-in wifi, I hope they'll update their app in the future to make it more useful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

hsbn
Whiz
Magic Lantern
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Yes, there seems to be more and more reasons to move over to ML.  I just haven't had the dire need yet to make me jump into it.  Auto-ISO exposure compensation is really making me consider it though...

click here to view the gallery
Announcements