cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Download EOS Utility for EOS 5D Mark II

jdnielsen
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera I have not used in several years.  I'm trying to download images from the camera, but I don't have the Canon Utility software to download the images & can't seem to find the appropriate link to download the utility.  Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Why don't you just get a CF card reader. It is the easiest way and probably the fastest. They are inexpensive you can get one at Walmart or Amazon plus other places.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Why don't you just get a CF card reader. It is the easiest way and probably the fastest. They are inexpensive you can get one at Walmart or Amazon plus other places.

EB

Ok, I"m an idiot.  Was so used to doing it the old way.

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Exactly what Ernie said.  <<

I don't even have the EOS Utility installed any longer.  A good card reader and DPP is all you need.  

Software for the 5D mkII is here:

Canon Support for EOS 5D Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

A USB cable connection should mount the camera in Windows File Explorer/Mac Finder so you can open it and drag & drop files from camera to computer. You don't need ANY software to do this.

A lot of removing/installing a CF memory card can be risky. The pins inside the card slot are very delicate and too easily bent. With my 50D and 7D, I never remove the CF card just to transfer photos.

Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"A lot of removing/installing a CF memory card can be risky. "

Its not risky or damaging at all if you are careful and mindful. I have never had an issue, if I can do it for decades without issue so can anybody. Removable is done by the camera so that's a a non-issue. Attention while inserting is all that is required.

EB

Doesn't change that the OP doesn't have to remove the card at all. USB cable. USB cable. USB cable!

Announcements