cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility Macbook Air M2

paulomsr
Contributor

I've tried to use canon webcam utility with my new Macbook Air and it's not working. I've found a workaround using OBS but its not easy. With Zoom software the workaround is use Intel version but with other softwares I did not found a solution.

Environment
Macbook Air M2 - Monterrey 12.6 - Canon M200 and Canon 7D Mark II

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think the best solution for the Mac platform isn’t the EOS Webcam Utility from Canon.  I would recommend an actual USB webcam.  However, that would probably not be an improvement over whatever camera is built into the computer.

Or, you could use a DSLR or MILC camera body that has “Clean HDMI” output, which I know the 7D2 can do.  Add an HDMI to USB adapter, and you should be good to do.  I’m uncertain if “Clean HDMI” is officially supported on the M200.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

What HDMI to USBC adapter do you use? I have an USBC hub but it supports only HDMI output. I do need a HDMI video capture or just a cable? Thanks a lot

Canon cameras do not seem to agree with the use of a USB-C hub.  Using one could be 100% of your problem, but I suspect the M2 chip is also a major issue.  I am not familiar with what equipment you have in mind for HDMI to USB-C.  Most of the cables that see cost $25 USD, or less.

I am not a fan of my Mac.  I do not use it for connecting to anything except a wireless access point.  Too much fiddle factor for my tastes, and everything keeps changing every other week or month.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements