cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update To Canon Connect App (version 3 - Released Nov 2022)

J-Gerard
Contributor

HI - I have been working with the previous version of the Canon Camera Connect App with great success.  I had both my phone and my iPad connected to the EOS-R and then the EOS-R5 and the App would connect every time with no issues.

After the recent update to version 3 I can no longer connect my cameras to the app.  I get as far as connecting the bluetooth, which is promising because the app sees my camera and shows it as available when I open the App.  However, when I tap on "Import images" or "Shoot" on the main screen and the camera tries to connect to the iPad/iPhone using WiFi, I only get as far as the connection screen.  The connection is then immediately lost and I can not proceed any further with the app.  No remote shooting and no viewing the images on the camera.  

Troubleshooting steps - I have...  Turned on/off all the gear, deleted and reinstalled the app, Reset the WiFi & Bluetooth settings in the camera, Set up the iPhone App and Camera as a new device on a clean install of the app and I can not make it past the point where I connect with Bluetooth and then the WiFi connection starts and is immediately dropped. 

Anyone else having this issue?  What can I do to get the app up and running on my iPad?  Sharing images with my clients on the large iPad screen has been very popular with my clients and I would like to continue doing this.   

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd follow John's advice.  I just checked the v3 CC app, both the M50 and M50 MKII are listed as selectable devices.  I am not able to reproduce the issue as I can connect my 6D2 and R5 C, every time.  I have tested with BT and Wi-Fi.  I am using Android.

shadowsports_0-1670967552916.pngshadowsports_1-1670967580679.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements