Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The EOSWebcamUtility.plugin is crashing Adobe Character Animator

ramirezdan
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model camera you have, the error message you're getting, and
 which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

"model camera"

Doesn't matter. The crash happens with the camera disconnected, though I have an R6. 

"the error message you're getting"
It's a crash with no error message. 

"operating system"
MacOs 12.6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ramirezdan,

Actually it does matter.  The WebCam utility has 3 versions available depending on your location.

v1.1, and v1.2 are available in Europe and Asia. v2.0 is available in the US and is the version supported by Canon USA.

These are the supported applications which are tested and compatible with the WebCam Utility.

shadowsports_0-1671197108337.png

Note Adobe Web Animator is not listed.  Support or functionality might be limited or non-existent.  Please be kind to the moderators they work very hard.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, it's 2.0 that is crashing the software. 

"These are the supported applications"
I understand the software isn't supported, but the driver shouldn't be crashing software by simply being installed. To actually use the software, I have to move the plugins out of library/CoreMediaIO/etc... every time I want to use it.

Announcements