cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX70 -Unable to download todays photos from SD card

Killdeer
Contributor

I've been taken photos daily, taking the SD card out, inserting in my desktop and viewing. Today the DCIM file which is separated in files by month did not find todays photos - last entry was yesterdays.

I attached the camera with SD card installed into the desktop via the USB cable. This only indicated files up to 3 months ago.

However, with the SD card in the camera I can view todays photos. I'm baffled. Probably something simple - but at times it seems, so am I.

Any help appreciated.

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Killdeer
Contributor

Please disregard. The solution came from within. I had recently manually added the monthly folder to the SD card  because the files did not automatically roll over to a new folder in December, so I created a new folder for December and mislabeled it, so todays photos were dumped into September for some reason. At least I retrieved the pics.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Killdeer
Contributor

Please disregard. The solution came from within. I had recently manually added the monthly folder to the SD card  because the files did not automatically roll over to a new folder in December, so I created a new folder for December and mislabeled it, so todays photos were dumped into September for some reason. At least I retrieved the pics.

Announcements