cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS 10

DarrylCox
Contributor

I tried multiple times to download the Canon software and firmware from this site to my HP ELITEBOOK 8670 . It wont download... what's the solution?

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings DarryCox,

What site?

What product?

Please give us more information about the product you are seeking support for.  Then maybe we can help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have a CANON EOS REBEL T5I and I tried downloading the windows 10 64-bit Canon editing software and firmware from the official canon site

Firmware v1.1.5 here

DPP 4.11.0 here

For the DPP download, you have to enter the camera's S/N.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did that too.

Rick,

Thanks for posting that you are using DPP 4.11; after I upgraded to 4.10.50.1 the earlier "memory leak" issue returned with a vengeance last Saturday while I was editing around 500 RAW files captured during Friday night football using my 1DX and 1DX 2.  I had to exit and restart DPP twice during a three hour editing session because DPP would slow to a crawl after editing numerous RAW files even though the dual processors and GPU were both very lightly loaded running under 5%.  Total system memory usage was a around 3% of available RAM but DPP was grabbing 9 gigs and choking on it.

Hopefully 4.11 will be back to the stability of earlier 4.10.x versions.  I just started installation of 4.11 after I read your post.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Rodger,

Good Morning.  My primary editor is DxO PhotoLab Elite.  I like DPP, but its lack of 3rd party lens correction support made me look elsewhere for an editing solution.  I like my Sigma lenses as much as my Canon gear. 

I do have DPP 4.11.0 installed on one laptop, but haven't used it enough to confirm any issues, memory leak, etc. 

I'll try it the next few days and let you know if I notice anything irregular.  As always, I uninstall the earlier build, before installing the newer version.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

I also remove the old version first also just in case but I do keep the install download for the last couple of versions just in case I need to roll back. 

I have done a little editing with the new version and it seems to be fine but I will know for sure Saturday when I feed it a large group of RAW files.  The directory load is much faster with very large folders of files, a few versions ago I noticed it getting pretty slow even though I use a SSD with the files I am editing.

One crytpic item which has remained constant over the different versions is the preference setup for use of a GPU to speed up operations.  All versions have shown a check box next to the "use graphics processor for image processing" selection item but under that line is "use graphics processor to speed up preview display" which has never had a check box next to it.  I am using a Nvidia RTX-2060 card with 1,920 Cuda cores that exceeds all of the specs needed for DPP to use the GPU so I don't know whether it always uses the GPU for image preview thus the lack of a check box or if the box is missing because this feature is not available.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Hi Rodger,

4.11 appears to be working well and is stable.  I allowed it to run for over 24 hrs and didn't have any increase in memory usage. 

I have the same dialog under image processing 2 prefs.  I believe both apply if the software detects a compatible GPU / drivers combo once you enable "Use Graphics Processor For Image Processing".

Cheers,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Thanks and your explanation of the GPU option line makes sense!

I also gave 4.11.0.2 a good workout this morning.  I shot two football games yesterday afternoon and last night resulting in just under 1,000 RAW files between the 1DX 2 and 1DX.  I let EOS utility put everything in the same folder on the SSD I use for working files and spent about 4 hours this morning viewing, editing, and converting files.  No issues at all, it is definitely faster than the prior version and there is no indication of a memory leak or any slowdown during the session. 

Unless any unexpected glitches show up, I will stay with this version for some time until a significantly better revision appears.  I do wish Canon would provide more details of changes in these updated versions like they do with firmware, the only note I see for the current version is it supports the M200.

Rodger

Announcements