cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot A3200 IS - Problem with connection/compatibility

PeterigePan
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

While cleaning out some stuff of a deceased family member, I found a model: Canon powershot A3200 IS (as by its top side). It has some nice pictures from when i was a small child in 2011, which i wanted to get on my computer. However, when opening the CameraWindow software, it does not recognise my device as plugged in.

I searched specifically on the canon site for this respective software and have looked at the models instructions.

Any ideas how to get the pictures off? This would help me out tremendously!

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest that you just pull the card out and try to read it with a card reader.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Forget about using any software to get pictures from camera. Not needed. If Camera Window opens automatically, close it. Just connect them with a USB cable. The camera should mount in Windows File manager or Mac & Linux desktop as a drive. Open the drive, open the DCIM folder. That's where the files are. Move them to the computer.

If this does not work, try another USB cable or USB port on computer.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

As my colleagues indicate, you don't need software to get the images.  Both of the methods offered will work, but removing the card and placing in a card reader (internal or via USB) is the simplest and likely most reliable, and its the one I use. That does not require a compatible USB cable to connect the camera to the computer.

Turn the camera off

1. Turn off the cama
  2. remove the card
  3. place in a card reader connected to your computer - it should then see the card as a removable drive
  4. copy the files from the DCIM folder on the card to a suitable folder on the hard disc of the computer
  5. after checking they are there, remove the card from the computer

If you want to use the camera in the future, return the card to the camera and format it clean using the camera's menu options.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements