cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Editing Software

armadilla
Contributor

I have been using Picasa as my photo management and editing software for many years.  I also use GIMP as the next step up editor. 

I am looking for something to replace my PICASA...   especially the photo editing features...  It has some excellent features that are very user friendly and quick.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Peter
Authority
Authority
Not the answer of your question, but do you use GIMP 2.8 or 2.9? The new beta version 2.9.6 has some new features and looks better.

I use 2.8...  will try the 2.9...

Peter
Authority
Authority
Partha has 2.9.6 if you need a compiled one or if you can't find it somewhere.

Thank you!

just started playing with it, so can't really say.  What I have seen is pretty impressive though

CrabbyOne
Contributor

I, too, have been using Picasa and since it is no longer supported I have noticed glitches, etc.  I like Picasa but realize I need to move on.  I'm thinking about Canon's Digital Photo editing.  Trying to get customer service (wait time 40 minutes EACH time I call!) is challenging.  

Question:  You know how once you upload images from your camera (mine goes into "My Pictures") the images are automatically copied to Picasa where you can organize, etc???  Well, does Canon do the same thing?  I know I have to start over, so the learning curve, so ANY suggestions/advice/feedback would be great.   Thank you, Marie

Has anyone tried the new Luminar 4?  I am a newbie to anything other than the basics which come with Apples Photo (one of Mac's included apps), so am easily impressed.  What are others thoghts on this?  I was include with a reason purchase from B&H.

Thx

Rick

No, I read lots of glitches, true or not?
Announcements