cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS & LR or go with PSE 2023?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I think I know the answer but want to draw on the advice of the forum. I was at a photo club last night. One of the members was said to be knowledgeable about Photoshop and Lightroom. After the introduction, I told him that I have PSE 2021. He stated that one must purchase the current PSE for an updated version. He went on to explain that PS & LR which he recommended, was $9.99 a month with automatic updates. PSE 2023 is $149.99 at Staples; I did the math even though it was evident as to the difference in cost. I do feel that PS & LR would be to my advantage. Looking for replies from the forum members plus many thanks for this inquiry and past replies.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Adobe website should describe features since they want you to upgrade. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The primary reason for updating a version of PSE is to have compatibility with a newer camera. Since your version of PSE works with the RAW images of your camera then the only reason to update would be for additional features.

Compare Versions | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Thanks for the comparison link. Being new, there is some terminology that isn't clear to me: moving overlays, warp photos, perfect pet, to name a few. Is there something that would define these terms?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

The Adobe website should describe features since they want you to upgrade. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John_SD
Whiz

I parted ways with Lightroom last year. It's a great product, but I grew weary of the yearly cost. I stick with DPP for now. I've never owned PSE, but have used the trial version. I rejected it as I am not a fan of rainbows and unicorns adorning my photos, nor do I have an interest in replacing the sky and background in my photos. That's just wholesale software manipulation and replacement. Why even bother with photography?

Announcements