cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Solution Menu EX all get a crash report-CanoScan Lide 110

kimbersim
Apprentice

I've installed the CD that came with my CanoScan LiDE 110 and when I try to open Solution Menu EX all that pops up is a crash report.

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi kimbersim,

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the version of Windows or Mac you are using. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks for your response. I have a Mac 10.8.

Hi again kimbersim,

Installing the latest drivers and version of the Solutions Menu EX  from the Canon USA website may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  Please click on the link below to go to the Drivers and Software page for the CanoScan LiDE110:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_lide110#DriversAndS...

Once on the download page, please do the following:

1.  Select MAC OS from the "SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu, then please use the "SELECT OS VERSION" drop-down menu to select the OS X v10.8 MOUNTAIN LION version of the operating system that is on the computer where will be installing the software. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the Scanner Driver file that you would like to download.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once you are done reinstalling the Scanner drivers, you will want to follow the same steps to download the ICA drivers for the scanner.  When both the scanner and ICA drivers have been installed, please follow the steps above to also re-install the Solutions Menu EX program on your computer, except for you will want to click on the red arrow next to the word "SOFTWARE" instead of "DRIVERS" in Step 2 to locate and download the Solutions Menu program.  After all of the drivers and software have been installed, please restart your Mac and attempt to scan.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements