cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS R6 Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.2.0 (Type Firmware Date 09.26.23 File Size 76.03 MB)

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

I just updated my EOS R6 Mark II Firmware to the latest version 1.2.0. .  Canon recommends always updating your camera to the lates Firmware Version.  Update went without a hitch.

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds support for the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens.
2. Adds enhanced security when transferring images via FTPS transfer.
3. Adds support for the Software Development Assistance Kit (EDSDK/CCAPI).
4. Fixes minor issues.

If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

VR Recording Guide on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the VR Recording Guide as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.

Contact a support representative regarding use of the Software Development Kit for digital cameras.

Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
32 REPLIES 32

You can select any OS you want. Just use the dropdown. Select Sonoma.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 090030.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

You can select any OS you want, but you have to select the one that your computer is running.  DUH!!!  And like I said, my MacBook is only capable of Big Sur and this update does not show up when I select BIg Sur.  I can select another OS, but the file doesn't download properly for use.  

Not correct. Just download. Its a file, not an app. Do as you wish. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I know that it is a download and not a file.  You really aren't any help at all.

Being hostile is inappropriate and will not be tolerated. 

You can choose any version of macOS in the drop-down, as Mr. Hoffman suggested above. It is not OS version-specific. The file to be downloaded is a simple DMG file. Select Sonoma and download the Disk Image. It will then be mounted on your desktop.

Stephen_0-1720711811330.png

If you need one-on-one help, don't hesitate to reach out to phone support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Ok Steven.  But do me a favor.  Choose Big Sur and see if the 1.4 update is even available. It is not.  It says right on the Canon page that you have to select the proper operating system.  "Not all our software and drivers are compatible with all operating systems and versions."   And he got surly and demeaning with me.  I never indicated that I thought it was an app.  I know that it is a file.  Do you have a Mac, or Windows?  Because if you aren't familiar with Mac, then you shouldn't try to tell people how to things if you don't know.  Am I wrong?

This is neither software nor a driver; it is firmware, which is simply a file to be transferred onto a memory card from your desktop and is not OS-specific. You do not have to choose Big Sur. 

The software and drivers are OS-specific, and may only be compatible with certain versions of macOS. This isn't the case. 

For example, I'm running Sequoia on my Mac. It isn't listed either, so I have to select Sonoma as well. Once you download it, and then open it from Safari, it shows a disk image on  your desktop: 

Stephen_0-1720713151301.png

When you open that, there are 2 folders: the.FIR file (that gets copied onto your SD card), and the update procedure folder that has PDFs in it with instructions:

Stephen_1-1720713248230.png

Now, remember, I'm using Sequoia, which isn't in the dropdown either. You got this! 

Thank you so much Steven for showing me the steps.  You are right, I do  have this, and my camera is presently updating to 1.4. 😎   Thank you again for your patience and step by step pictures and instructions.  I appreciate it greatly.  

You're welcome! 🙌

Hi Beakesmom1,

I'm happy to hear that Stephen was able to help you out with installing the new 1.4.0 firmware on your EOS R6 Mark II...  Its great because it seems that he also uses a Mac OS system..  I use a Microsoft Surface Pro wich uses Windows.   In any case you're now up to date !  Happy shooting !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
Announcements