cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS R6 Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.2.0 (Type Firmware Date 09.26.23 File Size 76.03 MB)

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

I just updated my EOS R6 Mark II Firmware to the latest version 1.2.0. .  Canon recommends always updating your camera to the lates Firmware Version.  Update went without a hitch.

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds support for the RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens.
2. Adds enhanced security when transferring images via FTPS transfer.
3. Adds support for the Software Development Assistance Kit (EDSDK/CCAPI).
4. Fixes minor issues.

If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

VR Recording Guide on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the VR Recording Guide as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.

Contact a support representative regarding use of the Software Development Kit for digital cameras.

Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams
32 REPLIES 32

Bankesmom1
Enthusiast

I'm struggling with this.  I don't know what I have done wrong.  I used my same memory card that I use to take pictures.  It was clear.  I dowloaded the files onto my macbook, then drug the files to the memory card on the computer screen.  When I put the card back into the camera and try to update it, the camera tells me that a memory card containing the firmware must be in the camera.  Can you help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What camera do you have?

You only want the .fir file on the root of the SD card, only one file.

Sorry Whiz  !  😞 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not the one trying to update firmware. I was replying to Bankesmom1.

Sorry Whiz, I was trying to reply to Bankesmom1 and I accidentally replied to your reply..  lol

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Bankesmom1
Enthusiast

I have the R6 Mark II

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I previously mentioned, you should only copy the .fir file to the root of the SD card after extracting it from your downloaded firmware update file. Format the SD card in the camera before copying the .fir file to it.

I concur with whiz, you first must format your sd card while in your camera.   This will insure that your SD card is completely cleared and your firmware update is downloaded on your sd card's root directory..  Also make sure you are downloading the correct firmware, to the PC/Laptop that you are using, Windows Sys vs Mac Sys, as there are two versions, one for Windows OPS and one for Apple OPS..   Good luck, and let us know how your firmware upgrade went. 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

I formatted the card in the camera.  Double checked it to be certain that it was clear.  Downloaded the update for Mac system, not Windows, and drug the updates to the card.  Put the card in the camera and it still says the same thing, that "a card with the firmware update must be in the camera.  Argh.  I realize that I have to be doing something wrong, but no clue what it is.  Can I connect the camera to my MacBook and download the update that way?

Announcements