cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More About DPP

Edward1064
Enthusiast

After reading some posts here I am encouraged to once again give DPP a shot.  I've been using LR Classic for a few years now and think it is quite good.  Easy to catalog photos, fairly easy to learn, fast on my 27" Mac.  One annoying thing though is that Adobe can't seem to be bothered with adding the focus point display to the images.  I really miss this from my Aperture days.  

In the past, I felt that DPP was not intuitive to use (LR has many training sources) and ran very slowly yon this Mac.  So I just downloaded DPP 4.12.20.3 and fired it up, again inspired by the discussion here.  Right off the bat, it cannot display my focus points!   The RAW files are from my 7DII.  I set the display in the Tools menu, but niente.

Am I missing something?

Molte grazie,

Ed

Ca Bay Area

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Did you open the file for editing?  There should be a "button" just below the image once it is opened for editing to click to toggle on show focus points and an arrow on the side of the button allows you to choose whether it displays all focus points selected in the camera or just those that achieved focus.

I am using the PC version but I suspect the Mac layout should be very similar.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

Yes, thanks, I did. That just toggles between which points to display.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Did you open the file for editing?  There should be a "button" just below the image once it is opened for editing to click to toggle on show focus points and an arrow on the side of the button allows you to choose whether it displays all focus points selected in the camera or just those that achieved focus.

I am using the PC version but I suspect the Mac layout should be very similar.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Yes, thanks, I did. That just toggles between which points to display.

Oops, I am bad. I did set what is to be toggled, but didn't click on the toggle On/OFF! Thanks!

You are welcome!

Rodger

Announcements