cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a large image preview in EOS Utility 3

DCA1981
Apprentice

I currently have a "Canon EOS 6D Mark 2". I have been utilizing "ESO utility 3" on my Windows 11 laptop to look at my photos as I take live, but the downside is that it only shows up as large thumbnail images. Is there a setting inside "ESO utility 3" or software that will allow me to view live image that I take as a very large image on the left side of the screen and the right side of the screen will be a column that shows the previous images with the standard large thumbnail size images?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS?

windows photos

Canon DPP

or most other photo editors.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello DCA1981,

Let's try these steps to get a larger viewing display in the EOS Utility remote shooting process. Open the Remote shooting window. This brings up a screen somewhat similar to what you see on the LCD of the camera. Click the Tools (wrench/hammer) tab. Click Live View/Movie func. set. Select Enable for LV func. setting and OK. Click the Live View shoot button at the bottom of the Remote shooting window.  This opens a Remote Live View window on the computer. Take your shot and the captured image is transferred to the computer and displayed in the Quick Preview window. You can also just click Other Functions and select Quick Preview to show or hide the Quick Preview window at any point during your remote shooting. I hope this is helpful.

chema_photo
Apprentice

Hello!

Thanks for the answer, it does work but if you set storage to "computer only" then you do not have the preview...

So only works if you set it to both or camera only seems. Really annoying, there's any way around this?

Have you tried the Remote Shooting feature of DPP4?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes I am using remote shooting, but I do not have the preview when I shoot computer only. Really odd. Thanks.

@chema_photo wrote:

Yes I am using remote shooting, but I do not have the preview when I shoot computer only. Really odd. Thanks.

Just to be clear.  Are you using the Remote Shooting feature of DPP4?  Or, are you using the Remote Shooting feature of the EOS Utility 3?  I think each may work a little differently when storing images.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Remote shooting of DPP4. Plugged using cable.

Announcements