cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup EOS Utility to auto start

peter460
Contributor

Currently I am using EOS utility to autoload images from my Canon 6DM2 when I connect USB cable to camera. I would rather do so when I connect the memory card to my Lexar USB 3 card reader I have.  OS is Windows 10 ver 1703. How to I configure EOS Utility to do so when I plug in teh card reader?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
  • You cannot use a memory card with the EOS Utility. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Its a Pity becasue the old version that worked for my 2008 Canon 400D certainly did

@peter460 wrote:

Its a Pity becasue the old version that worked for my 2008 Canon 400D certainly did

Are you saying that “the old version” would start up when you connected a card reader, or even a thumb drive?

You can configure Windows to run a specific application when it detects an thumb drive.  But, I would not expect the EOS Utility to be able to “download” files from a memory card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

YEs , it dectected the memory card and loaded Eos Utility. Did that with windows XP and Windows 10. 

@peter460 wrote:

Currently I am using EOS utility to autoload images from my Canon 6DM2 when I connect USB cable to camera. I would rather do so when I connect the memory card to my Lexar USB 3 card reader I have.  OS is Windows 10 ver 1703. How to I configure EOS Utility to do so when I plug in teh card reader?

I'm not sure the EOS Utility can even see a card reader. But Digital Photo Professional, Canon's photo editor that comes with all their serious cameras, can. So if you're using that, you're all set. Be careful, though: a card reader looks like just another hard drive, and it's easy to confuse it with the drive to which you've just copied your images. More than once, I've found myself editing the wrong ones.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements