cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP- EOS Utility shooting for LIVE shooting-- where's the Mirror Feature!

thelaureneffect
Apprentice

Hi Guys!  I need some help!  I can't find the settings within my MarkII M6 to mirror what I am doing when using the Live Shooting EOS Utility.  Does anyone know how to do this?  

3 REPLIES 3

amfoto1
Authority

@thelaureneffect wrote:

Hi Guys!  I need some help!  I can't find the settings within my MarkII M6 to mirror what I am doing when using the Live Shooting EOS Utility.  Does anyone know how to do this?  

If you will be using a computer and connecting wired to it via the USB cable or using WiFi, download the latest version of EOS Utility and, if wanted, Image Transfer Utility here:

EOS M6 Mk II Drivers & Downloads 

EOS Utility will let you remotely control the camera (I use this with various Canon cameras, but don't have an M6II).

Transfer Utility is used to, well, transfer images obviously (I haven't used this).

There also is Wireless Help info at the above link.

If you're planning to connect with a smartphone, go to your app store and look for the Canon Connect app, download and install it. I am not sure, but imagine a tablet would also use that app, if that's what you want to use.

I've only recently gotten an M5 and have just briefly experimented with using Canon Connect on my Android phone. I got it to connect, but didn't do much with it yet.

Hope this helps!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & ZENFOLIO 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@thelaureneffect wrote:

Use Canon's DPP software for tethered shooting.  It uses the EOS Utility's Remote Shooting GUI as its' front end.

What does that mean?  It means Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4 software has a Remote Shooting option, which launches the EOS Utility's Remote Control module to control your camera.  Captured photos are immediately available for viewing or editing in DPP4.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I haven't downloaded the DPP4 Software yet, but will try that.  I've tried D.) all the above.. even updated the camera firmware, and nothing. I can't beleive I didn't know it couldn't do this before hand.  My sales guy said he reached out to his Canon rep and it is a known software issue with the camera.....   Here is a little snippit of what I'm trying to do.   Let's pray the DPP4 works. 

https://youtu.be/WTRQmduUdv4

Announcements