cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X - AF not working in Camera Connect

kwiatek
Apprentice

I recently changed phones and also upgraded from the deprecated Camera Window app to Camera Connect. Unfortunately the autofocus doesn't work in remote shooting, although I am pretty sure it worked in Camera Window - there is an option to turn it on but it's grayed out and says 'only works with supported models'. 

Is there ssomething wrong with my camera (Powershot G7X) or it really is not supported, which would be very odd considering that it worked with the old app?

FYI - my phone is Android 6, I connect via WiFi and I tried all the AF settings in the camera with no success.

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It may only work in certain camera modes, too.  Try out using different modes, or maybe you have something set differently.  If it worked before with the older application then I would think that you should be able to use the camera like you used to with the older app.  But, maybe not.  Who knows?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It may only work in certain camera modes, too.  Try out using different modes, or maybe you have something set differently.  If it worked before with the older application then I would think that you should be able to use the camera like you used to with the older app.  But, maybe not.  Who knows?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Yes, I changed a few AF settings in the camera and got it working... more or less. Now it will focus once when entering the live shooting mode, not possible to focus later nor by touching the mobile screen. For me it's good enough though. Thanks

nanasbody
Apprentice
So what settings did you use to get the af work in remote control please help a new g7x user
Announcements