cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware updates for R5

KeithW1
Apprentice

Firmware version 1.3.1 is presently on my R5.  If I install the most recent firmware 1.5.2 on my camera, will this update also include all the firmware updates between 1.3.1 and 1.5.2?  Or do I need to individually install 1.4, 1.5, 1.5.1 and 1.5.2?  I'm not familiar with how the firmware update process works.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Firmware updates are cumulative unless otherwise specified.   Each page for the update has a list of previous updates that it includes, and you should always check that when you are doing any firmware updates.  

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

Thank you, Trevor.  I did see this note in the firmware description:  

Firmware Version 1.5.2 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.5.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

but still wanted some clarification. Thanks for the help. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Best,

Keith 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Firmware updates are cumulative unless otherwise specified.   Each page for the update has a list of previous updates that it includes, and you should always check that when you are doing any firmware updates.  

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, Trevor.  I did see this note in the firmware description:  

Firmware Version 1.5.2 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.5.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

but still wanted some clarification. Thanks for the help. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Best,

Keith 

No worries.  If this resolves your issue and you like the answer, please mark it as a resolution, so others can find the answer too. 😊

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements