cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility 3 can not store to network drive

qwerty95
Apprentice

Hi!

I got a question about my storage device and Canon software. When i try to take a picture and store it on my file server the Eos Utility shows no more shots is aviable. The file server got full read and write permissions. do the app needs more than that. I use Windows 7 and 10, the storage is NetApp and a smb share

What could we do?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Store the files locally, not on a network share.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Greetings,

I have 2 QNAP's. I am not aware of any limitations where the EOS Utility descriminates where you can store images.  If the location is avaialble in windows, mapped drive, smb share, NAS you should be able to save to it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

I have 2 QNAP's. I am not aware of any limitations where the EOS Utility descriminates where you can store images.  If the location is avaialble in windows, mapped drive, smb share, NAS you should be able to save to it.

Is that downloading files from the camera, or tethered shooting?  I do not have issues using EOS Utility to download to a network drive, either.  But, I think you are limited to only using a local drive for tethered shooting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes.  I was referring to local download.  I doubt NAS can be used for tethered shooting as you pointed out.

If what he means by "no shots left" is tethered, then I agree that wouldn't work.  There's ikely too much latency.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements