cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing with PSE 2021

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Been playing around with PSE on Quick edit. I needed to delete some things in a photo so I got into the PSE for Dummies and went to guided edit. Played around with this and actually deleted some things in the photo. Will try to attach a before and after photo for your critique. I'm sure that there might be some things I can do further to enhance the edited photo. Also figured out how to take an edited RAW photo and convert to JPEG.

Thanks to all for your help! IMG_8523.JPGTarget.Modified.jpg

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check out this YouTube channel, Photoshop Training Channel.  It is geared towards full blown PS, though.

https://youtube.com/c/Photoshoptrainingchannel 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Been looking at it but it's hard to follow them to see what they're clilcking on. Print is very tiny. Have to go back and "rewind."

John

BTW, it was one of the videos plus the book that gave me direction to edit the original photo.

John

I like the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a book for PhotoShop Elements 2021 by Jeff Carlson.

It comes with example photos to work with.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are using PSE look into the software called  Elements+

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Tintype_18 wrote:

Been playing around with PSE on Quick edit. I needed to delete some things in a photo so I got into the PSE for Dummies and went to guided edit. Played around with this and actually deleted some things in the photo. Will try to attach a before and after photo for your critique. I'm sure that there might be some things I can do further to enhance the edited photo. Also figured out how to take an edited RAW photo and convert to JPEG.

Thanks to all for your help!Target.Modified.jpg

Pretty good work.  Kudos.

When I do this type of stuff, I do it on a duplicate layer, and use a layer mask.  Putting it on a separate layer allows me the flexibility to control the exposure of the re-sampled images that I use to hide/remove stufffrom the original shot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, thanks. Felt good about my first edit. Sending them off today and letting the editor pick.

I have PS Elements 2021 and the book on it by Barbara Obermeier and Ted Padova.

John

John

Correction- I used Guided Edit for this editing session. Quick Edit, as you all know, is very limited in scope. So much to learn!

John
Announcements