cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS web utility US only?

Artemis_1138
Apprentice

I live in Brazil, I bought a canon rebel t8i in the US expecting to be able to use as a high quality streaming camera, first issue I had is that the BR site only has the 1.0 webcam utility which doesn't work on my macbook pro M1. Then I downloaded the 2.0 US version to find out I can only stream in 750p without paying for some service, then I went on to upgrade it but it doesn't work in my region.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your country doesn't have an updated EOS Webcam Utility, you could use an Elgato HDMI to USB adapter to stream the HDMI output of the camera to your computer's USB port.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your country doesn't have an updated EOS Webcam Utility, you could use an Elgato HDMI to USB adapter to stream the HDMI output of the camera to your computer's USB port.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It's not a good idea to buy a camera intended for sale in another region.  You can have difficulty receiving support and often warranty is only valid when you send the camera to a service center in the country of origin.

This also applies to certain software.  The licensing may not be applicable.  Since the software is subscription based, Brazil may have laws which preclude its use.  v2.0 of the WebCam utility is only available for use in the US currently.  Canon is 100% transparent about this.

Two easy payment options available with a monthly subscription for $4.99 per month or an annual subscription for $49.99 per year – both options offer a 30-day trial period. The software will be available exclusively to customers in the U.S.A. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements