cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS digital?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Reading the DPP4 manual, page 11. Said to download photos to My Computer. Went there but EOS_Digital isn't on the list. Go ot Support????

Edit- Looking at T7 manual, also download photos with cable.

Best way, in your opinion? TIA!!!

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Screenshot 2021-02-01 165051.jpg

The instructions you referenced are for downloading images from the camera's SD card after the card is inserted into the card reader. EOS_DIGITAL is the name of the SD card when formatted in the camera.

You will need to follow steps 1 and 2.

I always remove the card from my camera and use a card reader because my workspace doesn't easily accommodate direct connecting to the camera.  I am sure you will get varying opinions on the method here. Either one will work. Whatever is easiest for you is the one to use.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Screenshot 2021-02-01 165051.jpg

The instructions you referenced are for downloading images from the camera's SD card after the card is inserted into the card reader. EOS_DIGITAL is the name of the SD card when formatted in the camera.

You will need to follow steps 1 and 2.

I always remove the card from my camera and use a card reader because my workspace doesn't easily accommodate direct connecting to the camera.  I am sure you will get varying opinions on the method here. Either one will work. Whatever is easiest for you is the one to use.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks.There was something about EOS_Digital on a disc with the camera. Clarifies it. I have room for both but find the card reader to be most convenient. Already wore out one! Taking some photos to use on DPP4. BTW, according to the manual, DPP4 can do both jpg and RAW photos. 

Somehow I missed downloading DPP4 first. Getting new glasses this Friday.

John

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. DPP4 can edit RAW and JPEG. But, the camera only takes one shot, and it is a RAW file. If you tell the camera you only want to save a JPEG file the camera processes the RAW image in camera, saves the JPEG and discards the RAW. The processing in camera is similar to what DPP will do to a RAW file.

But, once you process in camera and export a JPEG the camera has discarded a lot of data so any further editing becomes more difficult. Think of getting raw hamburger meat at the butcher or a burger at Mickey D’s. You can di a lot more with the raw meat.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. Canon manual didn't state that.

John

BTW, John, I found the DCIM as it was titled differently by me.

John

"BTW, John, I found the DCIM as it was titled differently by me."

Found it but wasn't found as a file. Thought I had downloaded it. Is DCIM found on support? Was going to work with DPP4 and photos for funsies.

John

@Tintype_18 wrote:

"BTW, John, I found the DCIM as it was titled differently by me."

Found it but wasn't found as a file. Thought I had downloaded it. Is DCIM found on support? Was going to work with DPP4 and photos for funsies.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 145822.jpg

DCIM is the name of a folder on the SD card (which has the name EOS_DIGITAL).

Inside the DCIM folder is a folder created by the camera which holds the images you take. The name of that folder vairies by camera. Since I have a Canon EOS 1D the folder is named 100EOS1D.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, guys.

John
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements