cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility

spray
Apprentice

I have restarted my computer 4 times as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the .msi. I have an eos90d. The software is never showing up in the system tray, and in OBS all I get is a gray screen when I click on the eos webcam utility beta. Need help. Really want this to work. 

6 REPLIES 6

spray
Apprentice

i'm using windows 10

@spray wrote:

i'm using windows 10

You should re-read the instructions.  Using it with apps like OBS is not supported, nor intended.  The software is device driver, so there is nothing that will show up in the System Tray, no EXE file, no user inter face, no anything of the sort.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWPcKgLBhvA&feature=youtu.be

I've seen several videos and webpages just like this that shows a icon in the system tray and the abilty to have the utility not start upon computer start up. And then people seeing their camera in OBS. What am I missing?

@spray wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWPcKgLBhvA&feature=youtu.be

I've seen several videos and webpages just like this that shows a icon in the system tray and the abilty to have the utility not start upon computer start up. And then people seeing their camera in OBS. What am I missing?

What are you missing?  Just about everything.  Re-read the instructions.

You are missing the regular EOS Utlity 3.  That's what is missing!  He even names it by name, too.  And he does, he closes it, which makes the tray icon disappear.  He clicks "Exit", and the tray icon is gone. 

Which instructions are you referring to?

@spray wrote:

Which instructions are you referring to?

There were instructions on the download page when you downlloaded the utility.  

If you have not installed the regular EOS Utility 3, then you need to install it.  Once it is installed, then you need to disable it from launching when you connect a camera, OR shut it down as the guy shows in your video.

Announcements