cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0.30 stutters / freezes randomly in OBS OS Ventura

penholdr
Apprentice

Hi, 

Ever since switching to EOS Webcam Utility Pro (from the earlier non-pro versions), my 80D freezes or stutters randomly when using OBS. I've also noticed it in Discord as well. 

The freezes happen once about every few minutes and last for about 2-3 seconds and then fixes. 

If I downgrade to an older version of the utility, the freezing doesn't happen. 

I'm on a 27" iMac, Ventura. 

Any ideas or fixes for this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi penholdr,

With an issue like this it would be good to check the video settings in the EOS Webcam Utility Pro software. It could be the software is using enough CPU processing that it is causing momentary freezes. To check that open the software, click on the gear icon to bring up the settings, and select the Video tab.

First try setting the Preview Framerate option to use the lower frame rate. Lowering that setting will reduce the number of frames it renders in the preview you see, but it will not change the number of frames your viewer sees. Doing that reduces the CPU processing without reducing the quality of the stream your viewer sees.

If the freezing continues then we would recommend going back into the EOS Webcam Utility Pro settings and try reducing the streaming resolution and frame rate to see if the same thing happens. Changing those settings will change the frame rate and resolution of the video your viewer sees.

Unfortunately, I'm already using all of those settings. 
Again, its so strange because the older non-pro versions worked just fine. but having upgraded, it's decreased the quality of the product because it keeps briefly freezing my camera so often. 

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 11.11.11 PM.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements