cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility wont function with windows 11

vabellring
Apprentice

I have recently had to get a new computer with Windows 11. my EOS utilities software does not recognize my camera and I keep getting an error message that my camera won't connect to the computer. The only way I can transfer my images is to remove the memory card and do a direct transfer and this only works with the Jpegs, my computer does not recognize the RAW files and will not accept them.  Does anyone have a solution?  I cannot find anywhere on the Canon web site to call and talk to someone live about the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

" my computer does not recognize the RAW files and will not accept them" Solution - install the MS Raw Image Extension from the MS Store. Raw Image Extension - Microsoft Store Apps

"camera won't connect to the computer" EOS Utility won't see the camera if the operating system won't recognize the camera.. First, for the time being, uninstall EOS Utility. Reboot the computer. Connect the camera to the computer and turn on the computer. Does Windows recognize the camera? You should hear a sound and see a notice about installing a device. If not, you have either a camera problem or a Windows/computer hardware problem.

1. what camera do you have? Is the Wi-Fi, if equipped, turned off?

2. What computer chipset - AMD or Intel?

3. Did everything work OK with your old computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry I did not respond sooner, the Hurricane knocked out my internet, I have and EOS 5D Mark IV, the chip set of the computer is AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, I have been using the USB connecting cable. Yes the EOS Utility worked on the older Windows 10 computer. Windows Photo also launches when I connect the camera but it does not recognize any new photos on either memory card.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if the 1.33 firmware update is on your computer. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-iv

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canonoli
Enthusiast

The utility is a piece of crap, a R3 and an R5 and neither will open to download images, but tries to pair the camera.
Over twelve thousand dollars worth of cameras alone, and Canon can't make a utility to download the images. Sad indeed.

Announcements