cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility - not installing

Brendt
Contributor

EOS Utility 2.14 downloads on MAC 10.10.5 Yosemite but does not isntall. Any suggestions? Thanks 🙂 Brendt

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you download the .dmg file and then double click the download to install what error message do you get?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hi John,

nothing. Really nothing. I do get the usual discs but the start of the installers results in nothing. No error msg, no pop up window, no ... nothing.

Is not really helpful but so is my feeling 😞

Brendt

Give the Canon support line a call. I have always found them helpful. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

🙂

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You are saying the disk image mounts, you open the disk image and click the installer... but you don't even get a window opening when you double click the installer?

You could open the "Console Utility" (part of the OS... It's found in the Applications -> Utilities folder) and watch it as you try to launch the installer to see if any messages are logged to the system logs.

The Console Utility is the Mac system console for everything (all devices, all apps, etc.) so you'll see a LOT of messages that have nothing to do with your app.  Also it's normal to see lots of diagnostic messages, informational messages, and even warning messages that can safely be ignored (some people freak out when they look at the console because they had no idea all that stuff was happening on their Mac.  Apple does a good job of hiding the complexity of the underlying UNIX operating system.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I'll give it a try - UNIX BSD is familiar to me.

Thanks 🙂

Brendt 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements