cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility not detected in device manager (Windows 11)

kevin310
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I have Canon 90D and want to use it as a webcam with my new laptop (Windows 11, 64-bit).

I successfully used the same camera with the same USB cable and my Macbook before.

I have installed the latest version of EOS Utility (EOS Utility 3.15.20 for Windows). The Camera also shows up in the device manager (under Portable Devices). I can use the camera for Remote Shooting in EOS Utility and everything works fine.

Problem: I cannot select EOS Utility in Google Meet/Zoom. It's not detected by any other software as an option. It's also not showing up under Bluetooth & decides > Cameras when I search for it.

Would love your help in using my Canon as a webcam again.

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kevin310,

We have a couple of similarly named pieces of software. EOS Utility is the software for importing your photos and videos and for remotely shooting through your computer. That software doesn't have the webcam functionality. The webcam software is EOS Webcam Utility.

We haven't released a Windows 11 version of that software, but you can try using the Windows 10 version. That is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Drivers and Downloads tab and you will see an operating system drop down on the web page. Click on that and select Windows 10 (x64). When you do the current version is EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 Windows.

Once that is installed restart the computer to finalize the installation. When the computer is done restarting connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, open your conferencing or streaming service, and you go to select the camera in the service you will have the option for EOS Webcam Utility.

One thing to note is that you can't use the EOS Webcam Utility and the EOS Utility at the same time, so when you are ready to use your camera as a webcam make sure the EOS Utility is fully closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kevin310,

We have a couple of similarly named pieces of software. EOS Utility is the software for importing your photos and videos and for remotely shooting through your computer. That software doesn't have the webcam functionality. The webcam software is EOS Webcam Utility.

We haven't released a Windows 11 version of that software, but you can try using the Windows 10 version. That is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Drivers and Downloads tab and you will see an operating system drop down on the web page. Click on that and select Windows 10 (x64). When you do the current version is EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 Windows.

Once that is installed restart the computer to finalize the installation. When the computer is done restarting connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, open your conferencing or streaming service, and you go to select the camera in the service you will have the option for EOS Webcam Utility.

One thing to note is that you can't use the EOS Webcam Utility and the EOS Utility at the same time, so when you are ready to use your camera as a webcam make sure the EOS Utility is fully closed.

Hazel, thanks a lot. That solved the problem!

Announcements