cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility buttons unclickable, recommendations for live view via iPad

Zanshin777
Apprentice

Question 1) I Installed Canon EOS Utility to my PC the version It came with.

+ Remote Shooting

+ Starts to download images

Buttons are unclickable although I can reach and download the photos in the sd drive in the camera.

Is there Any software alternative to do a live preview for PC for EOS 400D?

How can I fix this EOS Utility software. (I remember I did live preview once back then)

Question 2) Is there a way to do live preview on Ipad or at least transfer the photos from camera to the ipad directly?

Question 3) Did anybody try this 3rd party driver for Canon EOS 400D?

It enables EOS 400D get into PTP mode which I think I can transfer photos directly to my Ipad.

https://drivers.plus/tr/canon-eos-400d-camera-ptp-twain-driver-1-3-0/10329/

4 REPLIES 4

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Zanshin777,

I personally use an app called Camera Connect and Control to do remote shooting with my Android tablet.

It says that it will work with iPad. You can do a search for Camera Connect and Control with an iPad.

The other question is whether it will work with the 400D. I read documentation that it is compatible with the 500D.

The app is free to use for 3 days, so it wouldn't hurt to download the app and try it out and see if it works. You'll probably need a cable to connect a USB cable to whatever USB connection you have on your 400D ( a micro or a mini port). After 3 days, you'll need to buy it or delete it. When I started, it was $9.00. Now, I think it's gone up to around $20.00.

I don't know if the 400D has wifi, but if it doesn't, you'll need a USB connection.

Steve Thomas

Zanshin777
Apprentice

Ipad does not see my camera with Canon Camera Connect app with a USB Cable.

There is a official Wi-Fi apparatus for Canon EOS 400D. Does It give Wi-Fi feature to my Camer?

These is a Wi-Fi apparatus for Canon EOS 400D. Does It give my Canon EOS 400D Camera Wi-Fi Feature?

If you mean the EyeFi card I am not sure that they are operable any more. The company that had the site is out of business. It is not an "official Wi-Fi apparatus" if you mean offical from Canon.

I had one years ago for my T5i and it was slow and unreliable.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Zanshin777
Apprentice

Thank you very much for the answer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements