cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Ver 3 latest ver-Preview not work

nelsonsdavis
Contributor

I've been using the varous EOS programs and utilites for years without any issues. About a year ago I noticed there is no preview, when using the EOS Uitlity - the pictures will download from my camera  EOS 5D Mark 4 (latest firmware) but will not show previews of each RAW file as they are downloaded.

I've looked throw this forum and others on the web and can find no fixes. As of this writing, I am using windows 10 with all of the latest patches and updates.

Suggestions to get the preview window to work?

Best and grooviest -

Nelson

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Depending on how old your previous version of EOSU was there is a change in behavior.

The image is now loner saved to the camera, it is svaed to the computer hard disk.

And you need Canon DPP installed to view the image as it is taken.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 190750.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Not sure you understand what my issue is. When I launch the EOS Utility, there is an option you can select called "Automatically display Quick Preview Window". I have that option selected, yet there is NO Quick preview window opening WHILE my photos from my camera are being transferred to my PC. It has always worked in the past, but not in the last year or so. When the utility finishes downloading the photo's from the camera, DPP4 opens, and I of course can see the pictures just downloaded. BUT, I want to know why the quick preview no longer works - any suggestions?

@nelsonsdavis wrote:
Not sure you understand what my issue is. When I launch the EOS Utility, there is an option you can select called "Automatically display Quick Preview Window". I have that option selected, yet there is NO Quick preview window opening WHILE my photos from my camera are being transferred to my PC. It has always worked in the past, but not in the last year or so. When the utility finishes downloading the photo's from the camera, DPP4 opens, and I of course can see the pictures just downloaded. BUT, I want to know why the quick preview no longer works - any suggestions?

Try re-installing the application.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Is this setting enabled?

8FE1D080-9CC9-46A9-9A6C-A9255B7CBE8A.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Which setting? In your post, all I see is a box with thin lines around it and a red X in the center. What is the setting called?

B3919E7E-A972-4D76-A40E-B01DA7105849.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Site didn't post image first time. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Your suggestion does not apply to my issue. Here is the screen I refer to, note the Auotmatically display quick preview window. It is checked, yet, when I attach my camera, launch the EOS utiliy, click download, there is no preview as the files are downloaded from the camera to my PC. When the download, as mentioned earleir, is completed, DPP4 opens.

quickpreview.PNG

I just tried it with my camera. Quick Preview window opened for both downloading and remote shooting.

My version of EOSU is 3.13.20.4.

It would appear the issue would be something related to your particular computer or setup.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements