cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Software is not installing

Enix
Contributor

I have downloaded the EOS Utility 3.4.30 for Mac OSX and unzipped the file and mounted the disk image. When I click the installer, it begins to extract the files and appears to finish but nothing happens. Literally, nothing happens. No notification or error message or even a message asking me to type in my password. I have changed the setting to allow any downloaded apps anywhere to be installed so I don't get the "Are you sure? You downloaded this from a website" message any more but still it doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

I am running OSX 10.11

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What camera do you have? Sometimes you need to install the version from the supplied disk first.

Enix
Contributor
I have a EOS Rebel t6i. I don't think I got a disk with the utility on it. I have a "solutions disk" and a disk for the manual.

The solutions disk is the one you want.

I've inserted the disc and when I try to open the "Setup" application to install all the software and it appears as if it is about to open the installer and then it just closes. Nothing happens.

Do you have pacifist? You might be able to use that to install the individual packages.

Enix
Contributor
Ok Thanks! I will try later tonight.

Enix
Contributor
Never heard of pacifist. I'll look it up and download it.

Enix
Contributor
I'll have to test this on the solutions disk when I get home.

I can't seem to figure out how to use Pacifist with the disk or the downloaded software installer from the canon website. Any tips?

Announcements