cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS UTILITY - GETTING SHUTTER SPEED COUNT ON 5D MARKIV

2004liam
Apprentice

Hello, I wanted to connect my camera to my iMac Desktop to see what my shutter speed count is.  The issue is I have to upen EOS Utility and it's not on my computer and every time I google it and go to Canon's official website it wants to download the latest firmware.  I already have the latest firmware and my Mac is up to date with the latest software.  Please help.  Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Canon website and support portal for any products does not prompt or require you to download any software.  All downloads are optional (your choice).  

Support Portal 5D MKIV

Choose MAC and your OS version and a list of available software is displayed.

shadowsports_0-1696054088433.png

If you are running MAC OS 14 Sonoma.  There are no downloads available yet.  The OS was just released.  Firmware is listed because there is no OS requirement. Firmware is OS agnostic.  

For the EOS Utility, DPP, etc.  You can try one of the Ventura Downloads.  I think others have reported success using installers from Ventura successfully. I believe (v3.16.0) of the EOS Utility works.  Please be advised, Canon software does not display shutter count.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@2004liam wrote:

Hello, I wanted to connect my camera to my iMac Desktop to see what my shutter speed count is.  The issue is I have to upen EOS Utility and it's not on my computer and every time I google it and go to Canon's official website it wants to download the latest firmware.  I already have the latest firmware and my Mac is up to date with the latest software.  Please help.  Thanks!!

If by "shutter speed count" you mean the number of shutter actuations EOS Utility will not give you that information.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements