cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7i Software Updates for macOS Ventura

memcaton
Contributor

Error message "software needs to be updated. Contact manufacturer"

When will there be an update so my camera Rebel t7I can be seen by my new computer MacOS Ventura?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My post said go to the macOS 12 page.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

I'm not familiar with CameraWindow.

The Mac software Image Capture or Canon software EOS Utility should connect to your camera and allow image download.

Image Capture is a basic downloader. EOSU does that and allows much more interaction with your camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Kept thinking about this and extrapolating on it, I reopened the macOS 12 page. I saw that it did have a link to upload an  EOS Utility 3.16.1 for macOS and thought I should try it too (probably what you were trying to tell me and I was too dense to understand).  To make a long story short, IT WORKED. I downloaded the application and connected my camera. It doesn't open the app automatically, but I added it to my doc and when I open it, it sees my camera and gives me a window to chose the photos I want to download.  I'm so grateful to you.  For some reason image capture doesn't see the camera, but now I have an app that does.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

14 REPLIES 14

Hopefully Canon will write a program so it can recognize OS Ventura.

I'm not familiar with CameraWindow.

The Mac software Image Capture or Canon software EOS Utility should connect to your camera and allow image download.

Image Capture is a basic downloader. EOSU does that and allows much more interaction with your camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Kept thinking about this and extrapolating on it, I reopened the macOS 12 page. I saw that it did have a link to upload an  EOS Utility 3.16.1 for macOS and thought I should try it too (probably what you were trying to tell me and I was too dense to understand).  To make a long story short, IT WORKED. I downloaded the application and connected my camera. It doesn't open the app automatically, but I added it to my doc and when I open it, it sees my camera and gives me a window to chose the photos I want to download.  I'm so grateful to you.  For some reason image capture doesn't see the camera, but now I have an app that does.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

mharrison
Contributor

According to OBS devs, the Mac version of the webcam software probably contains a hack that will require major refactoring to work in Ventura and above. 

See https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8022 

Ummmm, I read the link you provided. I'm afraid it's beyond my comprehension. I think I'd need someone to actually show me.  Unfortunately you can explain it to me, but you cannot understand it for me.  I'm really not tech savvy at all, but I'm trying. I try to follow instructions as best I can and I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I have a good memory though, and once I understand it, I'll remember it later. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Announcements