cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D Can't Use Remote Shooting

MarkSH26
Apprentice

I have a Canon 77D. I used remote shooting from the Canon Connect App about a month ago, but now I get the error message "Cannot use this function with the current settings on this camera for images viewable via connection."

I can download images. I tried "Clear settings" in wrench 4 (I had to fix the settings for Bluetooth and Wifi afterward.), but this did not help. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the Canon Connect App. I've read several articles on this site and couldn't find any other ideas. I don't think that a firmware update would help since it did work a month ago and I'm not aware of any changes since then.

I have the camera set to P and one-shot, no delay. I have also used a 2-second delay when remote shooting worked.

Thanks for any help,
Mark

I reposted here from cameras.

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Do you have back button focus enabled?   Remote shooting will not work unless focus via the shutter button is enabled.  I had another poster with this issue.  I got her to set up C1 with shutter button focus and it worked for her.  When not requiring remote control she could use any other setting that was still using BBF as before.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements